Sunday, April 25, 2010

Vancouver trip




















I went to Vancouver Washington last week-end with one my BF's Elissa. She wanted to make a trip down there to see her parents and I haven't went on the last 2 trips so they were really wanting to see me as I was wanting to see them as well.


We always have so much fun laughing and chatting into the night. Her parents always take us to one of their favorite places to eat for one nights dinner. Then Paul/ dad will cook us a dinner on the second night.


So, on this trip they wanted us to go to a place that we have never been at before. We don't have one of them in our town. They said it was one of their favorite spots to have a couple drinks and dinner, or appetizers.


Elissa and I love appetizers better sometimes then having a full heavy meal so we were excited to try it out. The restaurant was called " Ruby Tuesday's". Fun, Fun, Fun place to go.


We loved it. We loved the spinach dip and chips the best, and the White Russians weren't bad either. lol


The next day Paul took us to the farmers market and I bought 4 jars of homemade jams from a farmer. Yummo

Then when we got home Paul started on his famous BBQ ribs with homemade sauce, cornbread with corn and peppers in it, and BBQ baked beans. It was all so delicious. He loves to cook and we are happy to do the dishes afterwards. We always come home with a recipe to make something.


Here's pictures of Nel/m0m and Paul/dad after our wonderful breakfast of pancakes, bacon, strawberries and whip cream. The first picture of the elephant and its baby was hand drawn by Elissa to her parents, all done with a pencil. Who was to know she had this talent hidden inside of her. I wonder how many other secret talents she's hiding from me ?? Also pictures of the market and the antique mall on the way home.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kath,, what an awesome trip. The antique stores look great and I love the flowers at the farmers markets. Your friends drawing of the Elephant is very good! I am glad you had a nice weekend with friends.Thats what its all about! (()) gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath

    Wow, looks like you had a nice trip. I love the flowers and the antique shops, well those are my favorites.

    Lisa
    http://www.palepinkandroses.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a good time....I bet it did you a world of good to get out! I got married last Sunday...in Vegas......it is on my blog......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I think you must have had a really good time! Great pictures, love the flowers and those bags....oh, they are awesome! We just don't have those neat things around my area! The shops look like a blast to go through! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete